Spike News

Trump Confirms US Carrier Abraham Lincoln Well-Maintained Amid Deployment Concerns

According to the British 'The Guardian' and 'The New York Post', on August 17 local time, U.S. President Donald Trump stated that he had received information indicating that the aircraft carrier 'Abraham Lincoln' was well-maintained.

On that day, a reporter asked, is there enough food on the Lincoln?

Trump replied saying, "That's a fake report by US Cable News Network (CNN)."

'Lincoln' has been there for a while, a pretty long time," Trump said, but over the years, there have been deployments lasting even longer.

Trump talked about his conversation with a veteran last weekend, but did not reveal the latter's name.

Trump said, “He happened to be a retired admiral. He said, ‘I have been on ships that were deployed for longer periods than this vessel. I know the people on the Lincoln. They said the aircraft carrier was well-maintained and taken care of.’ Others went and found that it was true.”

Trump also did not clarify the identity of the “others” he mentioned.

It is reported that the USS Lincoln began its deployment last November and arrived in the Middle East in January this year.

Previously, reports from several American media indicated that the ship was facing problems such as a shortage of food and personal necessities, faulty sanitary facilities, and disrupted mail systems. As the deployment approaches its ninth month, the pressure faced by the officers and soldiers has also attracted attention.

On the 14th, Trump refuted the concerns expressed by the outside world regarding the deployment of the ‘Lincoln’ ship, stating that the deployment time for the ‘Lincoln’ was ‘far from sufficient’.

When reporters said that the family members of the crew were worried about the situation on the ship, Trump replied, “No, they aren’t.”